Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A short and a beautiful trip

I have been longing to go to pondicherry (or pondy; that is how it is famously called) ever since I saw the movie "Jism". I dont if it was pondy or I was expecting to find a bipasha there. And here came the opportunity with a 3 day holiday from 29th April to 1st may which I grabbed.
The best way to go pondy is by bikes. The road transport is and any other public transport is poor. This is my view; made from the observation of the condition of the buses and by the number passengers exceeded the seats. This could be due to the going holidays also. Anyways ill keep the cribbing for later. Pondy is around 140 km from Chennai and it takes around 3 hrs and 30 mins to travel on one side.
The weather is similar to that of the Chennai. During this period of the year, it is hot and humid both in Chennai and pondy. One can imagine if he/she has to go in this weather in a crowded bus and which itself should be around 20 years old.
In Pondy, there are things like Auroville beach, rock beach, Aurobindo ashram and their different work areas, a boating club and paradise beach that are worth spending time on. The Auroville beach is good for swimming and also for simply strolling along. As at many other places on this beach also there are areas reserved for the Aurovilleans who have special passes and the other area for the commoners. I did not have the special pass and therefore the many special Aurovilleans missed my esteemed company. It was fun being with Aman and Sumit on the beach trying to fight out with waves and at the same time searching for soem good chicks. It got dark very soon and the stroll along the beach with breeze flowing and a smoke in the hand; as the evening progressed the pleasure on the beach grew.............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home